The Friendly Marina

Welcome to Watchet Harbour Marina


Opened in 2001, the marina is located within Watchet Harbour which has a centuries old tradition as a safe sanctuary on the Bristol Channel.

In its commercial period amongst many other items, thousands of tons of iron ore travelled along the old mineral line from the Brendon Hill mines ready to be transported to Wales for smelting and in “return” 13,000 tons of coal were imported through Watchet in 1862 alone.

Sadly, with the introduction of new labour laws, the harbour was unable to compete and ‘the port of 1000 years’ was de-commissioned for commercial traffic in 1999.

But, with the opening of the marina a new page was turned in Watchet’s maritime history when the harbour was divided into outer and inner areas where the marina is located while the outer west side is still tidal.

With a capacity for 250 yachts the marina provides a colourful sight for the many holidaymakers, and trade from South Wales and the rest of the Bristol Channel continues through the visiting yachts which, with local fishing, provide welcome opportunities for the commercial vitality of the town. The circle keeps turning.

Facilities at Watchet Harbour Marina

  • Long and short term berthing

  • Dedicated washrooms and laundry

  • Free customer parking

  • Diesel and calor gas

  • Hardstanding and trailer park

  • CCTV security coverage and controlled access pontoons

  • Chandlery

  • Wireless Internet

  • Cafe and Ice-cream parlour

  • Local facilities including Pubs, Restaurants and Shops